About us

 

The Wilhelmsburger Maschinenfabrik Hinrichs & Sohn was established in the Hamburg suburb of Wilhelmsburg in 1919 by the two master coppersmiths R. Behrens and E. Hinrichs. From the beginning as a coppersmith-shopthe enterprise developed into a world-renowned qualified manufacturer of presses, guillotine shears and plate bending machines. In 1953 the enterprise was moved to Geesthacht. By building an erection hall for large assemblies and constructions the final step towards a heavy machinery enterprise was taken. The production program concentrated on very heavy plate bending machines, coil slitting and cut-to-length lines with flying shears and swing shears as well as press feeding lines.

In September 1981 the KLÖCKNER-WERKE AG, Duisburg, took over the Wilhelmsburger Maschinenfabrik as a 100 per cent daughter company and affiliated the vessel and apparatus construction plant of Georgsmarienhütte to this enterprise. The new enterprise was trading under the name of KLÖCKNER-WILHELMSBURGER GMBH and was registered in Geesthacht. The aim of this merger was to increase and widen the technical efficiency of both plants and to make joint use of it for opening up new markets for the traditional production programs and for promoting new products and techniques to win new interesting customer groups.

The Geesthacht plant designed and manufactured machines and lines for the entire range of plate working and processing as well as for metallurgical plants and rolling mills and for the offshore industry. In the range MAGNETOR® magnet drill stands were manufactured mainly under trademarks of other enterprises. In the field of high-pressure technique not only the press equipment for the production of synthetic diamonds was offered but also the processing know-how gained over many years of research.

End of 1992 the KLÖCKNER-WERKE AG stopped the manufacture in the Geesthacht plant. Until mid of 1995 business was continued by AGT Anlagen- und Gerätetechnik GmbH and an engineering group of KLÖCKNER-WILHELMSBUGER GMBH.

In September 1995 the INDUTEC GmbH Maschinenbau-Service-Handel took over the field of MAGNETOR® drilling technique as well as the exclusive worldwide spare parts service for all the machines and plant built by WILHELMSBURGER.

Early in 1997 the firm name was changed from INDUTEC GmbH to MAGNETOR GMBH.

Up to now the MAGNETOR GMBH is right address for spare parts service in original WILHELMSBURGER manufacturer quality and technical documentation.

Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.
More information Ok